Previously I have written three articles on how to help people spiritually grow. I have given 10 basic tips that may help you on this journey. I also wanted to give a quick reference that could be easily referenced and printed out. You could keep this in your Bible or another book that you may be going through with someone as you help them grow in their spiritual life. For a deeper understanding of each tip see Part I, Part II and Part III.
- LISTEN a lot, and be slow to give answers (James 1:19).
- Be GENTLE and PATIENT in the restoration process (Galatians 6:1).
- Help BEAR the BURDEN at first (Galatians 6:2), and then realize they will need to be the main person who bears the burden in a matter of time (Galatians 6:5).
- Speak TRUTH into their lives lovingly (Ephesians 4:15). Most likely Satan is lying to them about something. Walk them through God’s promises vs. Satan’s lies
- CHECK UP on the person regularly (quick checkups, and long sit downs). ENCOURAGE them in the Word and sharpen them (I Thessalonians 5:11; Proverbs 27:17). PRAY with them and for them regularly.
- Talk and pray through the FRUIT of the Spirit. Where do they need to be encouraged in it, where do they need it spoken in their lives, where do they need to practice it (Galatians 5:22-23)?
- Regularly practice CONFESSION and REPENTANCE so you can see clearly to help others (Matthew 7:3-5). Without breaking confidence, have a spouse and or friend, pray for you as you are helping others.
- Be CONNECTED and help CONNECT to Jesus (John 15:1-15). Talk about how the struggle relates to having identity in Christ (Ephesians).
- What Christian book or study could we study through together (read and discuss?
- We serve out of BROKENNESS, and point to GOD as GREAT, and the Great Healer. We can only serve because of who we are in Him.
I hope that this list is helpful to you.
Thanks for taking time to read this Maddening Theology post. If you enjoyed this content you can find Pastor Tim’s sermons at www.cornerstoneforestcity.org. You can also join us at 520 Marion St. Browndale, PA 18421 on Sundays at 10:45 AM. To make following the blog easier you can also register. You can also join us on Facebook at Cornerstone Forest City. Also, don’t forget to download our APP on iTunes or Googleplay.